apricot preserves, Apricots, breakfast, cooking, dried apricots, Easy Recipes, figs, food, fresh figs, goat cheese, Healthy Breakfast, healthy cooking, healthy recipes, Herbs de Provence, peach jam, peach slices, peaches, Recipes, Strawberries, Strawberry Goat Cheese Breakfast Bagel, strawberry slices
This is one of my favorite breakfast treats! It has morphed over the years from a recipe my mom found in a magazine. I really wish I could remember what magazine that was (Cooking Light maybe?) but I wing it based on the basics of the original concept and whatever sounds good at the time. Any number of variations are delicious and I will list a couple of other options for you.
Strawberry Goad Cheese Breakfast Bagel
- 1 whole wheat cinnamon raisin bagel, sliced and toasted
- 1 oz soft goat cheese
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 3 tsp strawberry preserves
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
Stir until combined. Spread 1/2 of the mixture on each half of the toasted bagel.
Spread 1 1/2 tsp strawberry preserves on each bagel.
Top with the strawberry slices.
I just love the creamy, savory goat cheese contrasted with the sweet preserves and fresh fruit. I hope you will too!
It’s about 250 calories for one serving (half a bagel).
Other delicious options:
- apricot preserves with fresh or dried apricots on top.
- fig jam with sliced fresh figs on top.
- Vanilla Peach Jam https://sarahsjoys.com/2011/09/14/vanilla-peach-jam/ with fresh peach slices